Friday, August 17, 2007

Searching

We're getting ready for the start of the new year and I find myself searching, for new catechists, new assistants, a new youth minister. Searching for ways to spend time with friends, with young adults going off to college. Searching for what my purpose is as I turned another year older. I was feeling very overwhelmed searching.

Then I thought or rather was inspired to think. Searching, although it can feel like lost wandering to me, is difficult because it's involves something being out of my control. Searching actually implies trusting. Trust that there is something definite that is there, that is ready, that is coming, but not yet. Trusting that I will have the ability to see it when it gets here. Trusting that it will happen in time. Bottom line trust in God.

No comments: