Saturday, February 02, 2008

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Trust. What a small word with really big implications : ) I help other people with spiritual direction all the time to deal with this small word, but now the rubber hits the wall of my convictions. "The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

They've found a mass on my ovary that has to be removed with the ovary. Yikes. Yep a blip on the routine of life radar. Everything is looking "to the good" I hear from my excellent medical team. At first I was rather freaked out because I was being tested for a whole other type of thing, which because I had very very few symptoms I thought would turn out to be nothing. But God is so good, all the time, the tests for one thing revealed another that if it had gone unfound could have had much worse complications in the future.

It took me a few days to process, but I know that God is all over this and He's got it. I just have to do what I'm told and do my best and it'll be fine. I'll have 6 weeks of convalesence to practice that.

Jeff is liking being on the other side of the operating table this time and promises to keep everyone up to date at this blog. He's planning head lines as I type. What a silly man. Pray for him, too, I recall what it feels like on that other side of the table. All his joking aside, it's hard.

I want to tell you thank you in advance for your prayers and keep them coming - I should know more by this Wednesday. I plan to get out information mostly in this format so if you want to give out my blog to other people that would be O.K. too.

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried to catch you after the Ashes service tonight, but I knew you were where you needed to be when I saw you up front for intercessory prayer - so adding mine to the pr+airwaves. Blessings, Elizabeth

Linda G said...

Thank you. I know that my for the most part peacefulness with all this is due to a great deal of prayer support.
Thank you.